Raise3D Dual Direct Drive Upgrade | Bondtech
Raise3D N2 Dual Direct Upgrade Kit by Bondtech
This new compact, lightweight extruder upgrade for Raise3D printers will solve your feeding problems, improve surface quality and make it possible to print at faster speeds with sustained quality.
Please Note! On early printers this adapter cable is needed in order to connect the factory cable to the new motor. You can determine if your printer has legacy motors with an easy visual check. Motors that require an adapter will have a silver appearance (unpainted aluminum finish) on the front and rear side of the motor. If the motors on your printer have a black front and rear motor endplate then you will not need this adapter.
- This extruder upgrade kit is for the Raise3D N1/N2/N2+ printer and will replace the original feeder placed on the printhead.
- Fits both the Revision 1 (casted) and Revision 2(cnc-milled) version of the printhead
- Uses lightweight Nema17 Pancake stepper motors (included) combined with a 3:1 internal gearing ratio and Bondtech's proven DualDrive gears.
- Body parts are manufactured with SLS printing in high strength polyamide (nylon).
- Drivegears are precision CNC-machined in hardened steel for maximum performance and lifetime.
- This upgrade is much lighter than the original extruder setup on Raise3D (890g for dual setup vs. only 425g with the included motors) which greatly improves performance.
E-step value: 415
Current for motor: 0.7A (Vref setting = 0.5V)
Plug & Play Solution
No need to cut and solder wires.
The extruder is equipped with 2 push fit connectors for 4 mm guide tube that will let you connect the existing guide tubes to the extruder. Tubes are not included.
Installation is done in about 30 minutes. Installation guide here.
IMPORTANT note from Bondtech: If the ribbon cable to the break-out board gets unplugged when the printer is turned on, thermal runway might happen. Make sure that the ribbon cable is securely held in place with hotmelt or a zip tie.