Raise3D N2 Dual Direct Upgrade Kit by Bondtech
This new compact, lightweight extruder upgrade for Raise3D printers will solve your feeding problems, improve surface quality and make it possible to print at faster speeds with sustained quality.
Kit contains everything you need to rebuild your printer:
- 1 x DualDirect extruder with (black) motors
- 1 x Breakout board cover
- E-step value: 415
- This motor is for the newer N2 with black motors. If your printer has silver motors, contact us and we will special order the correct part for you (silver = older, black = newer).
- This upgrade fits both the Revision 1 and Revision 2 version of the printhead.
- Uses lightweight Nema17 Pancake steppermotors combined with a 3:1 internal gearing ratio and Bondtech's proven DualDrive gears.
- Body parts are manufactured with SLS printing in high strength polyamide (nylon).
- Drivegears are precision CNC-machined in hardened steel for maximum performance and lifetime.
- This new upgrade is much lighter than the original extruder setup on Raise3D (890g for dual setup vs. only 425g with the included motors) which greatly improves performance.
E-step value: 415
Current for motor: 0.7A (Vref setting = 0.5V)
Plug & Play Solution
No need to cut and solder wires.
The extruder is equipped with 2 push fit connectors for 4 mm guide tube that will let you connect the existing guide tubes to the extruder. Tubes are not included.
Installation is done in about 20 minutes. Installation guide here.
Use newest version for Touch panel (0.9.2) to set E-steps value directly on the printer. You can download the new software here: https://www.raise3d.eu/pages/download
IMPORTANT note from Bondtech: If the ribbon cable to the break-out board gets unplugged when the printer is turned on, thermal runway might happen. Make sure that the ribbon cable is securely held in place with hotmelt or a zip tie.