Bondtech Extruder Upgrade for Prusa i3 MK2.5 and MK3
This extruder upgrade kit is for the Prusa MK2.5 or the Prusa MK3 if you already have the Bondtech gears.
This kit contains the necessary parts to convert to the freshly designed Bondtech Extruder that uses 3:1 gearing ratio for improved precision and resolution, optimized geometry for the heat-sink cooling and many other improved features. It also reduces the moving weight to reduce vibrations and ghosting
Included in this kit:
- SLS printed parts
- 25 mm pancake stepper that has 18 Ncm in torque for a lightweight but powerful extrusion and a new stepper cable for connecting the motor
- Bondtech 3:1 gearing parts - gears are not included
- Part-cooling fan 50x15 - not included, reuse from your current printer
- 40x40x10 heatsink fan - not included, reuse from your current printer
- Filament sensor cover - not included, reuse from your current printer
- BMG drive gears - not included, reuse from your current printer
This extruder will fit the carriage on the MK2.5 / MK3 but it also fits the Zaribo, Veckoj carriage.
The E-steps needs to be updated to 415 for MK2, MK2s and MK2.5 and is easy to do by downloading this g-code file, put it on the SD card and select to print the file esteps.gcode which will set the e-steps and save it. For MK3 it needs to be 830 as it uses 32 bit microstepping, use this g-code file instead.
Weight reduction is 121 g, from 387 g as default setup compared to 266 g for this setup (Extruder, steppermotor)
Note from Bondtech: This Bondtech Extruder is a co-development work with awesome guys in the Prusa Community like Chris Warkocki, Grégorie Saunier (Bear Upgrades), Olof Ogland, Erik Bjorgan, Josh Jones, Kyle Wiehe, Marc Evertz, Matt Harrison, Ocie Ward, Sando Bendig, Vecko Kojchevski (Vecko Extruder), Steven Mölby that have provided excellent feedback and suggestions of how to develop the "perfect" extruder setup for the Prusa series printer. A lot of work has been spent in this project and we have tried to listen to all the inputs in order to find a solution that can be fitted to a Prusa I3 MK2, MK2S, MK2.5 and MK3.
This project is licensed under GPL V3.