Prusa i3 MK2/MK2S Extruder Upgrade Kit | Bondtech
Bondtech Extruder Upgrade for Prusa i3 MK2 and MK2S
This Bondtech extruder upgrade kit is for the Prusa MK2 or the Prusa MK2S if you don't have Bondtech gears.
This Bondtech extruder kit contains the necessary parts to convert to the freshly designed Bondtech extruder that uses 3:1 gearing ratio for improved precision and resolution, optimized geometry for the heat-sink cooling and many other improved features. It also reduces the moving weight to reduce vibrations and ghosting.
Included in this kit:
- SLS printed parts
- Bondtech filament drive gear parts
- BMG 3:1 gearing parts
- 25mm pancake stepper motor (18 Ncm in torque for a lightweight but powerful extrusion)
- Cable for connecting the stepper motor
- FDM printed filament sensor cover
- 50x15 part-cooling fan - not included, reuse from your current printer
- 40x40x10 heat-sink cooling fan - not included, needs to be purchased separately (We have a selection of fans here, but they will need extension cables). The original part-cooling fan on MK2 and MK2S is 30x30x10 and will not fit.
- A new carriage will need to be printed. Refer to the X Carriage Guide. Download the X-Carriage guide here.
The E-steps needs to be updated to 415 for MK2, MK2s and MK2.5 and is easy to do by downloading this g-code file, put it on the SD card and select to print the file esteps.gcode which will set the e-steps and save it.
Weight reduction is 121g, from 387g as default setup compared to 266g for this setup (Extruder, steppermotor)
Note from Bondtech: This is a co-development work with awesome guys in the Prusa Community like Chris Warkocki, Grégorie Saunier (Bear Upgrades), Olof Ogland, Erik Bjorgan, Josh Jones, Kyle Wiehe, Marc Evertz, Matt Harrison, Ocie Ward, Sando Bendig, Vecko Kojchevski (Vecko Extruder), Steven Mölby that have provided excellent feedback and suggestions of how to develop the "perfect" extruder setup for the Prusa series printer. A lot of work has been spent in this project and we have tried to listen to all the inputs in order to find a solution that can be fitted to a Prusa I3 MK2, MK2S, MK2.5 and MK3.
This project is licensed under GPL V3.