Textured PEI Powder Coated Spring Steel Sheet for MINI, MINI+ | Prusa
- Limited Stock
Double-sided textured PEI powder-coated spring steel sheet for the Prusa Mini
Powder coating directly on metal makes it very hard to damage this build plate. If a heated nozzle crashed into it, the metal can dissipate the heat. Powder coating also gives the surface a distinct textured look that will be visible on your prints. The textured surface hides most of the mechanical damage caused by tools. Only the top of the small bumps can be scratched, which will not imprint on the bottom of the model. This surface is used on our print farm, look at the printed parts you have on your printer for reference.
- Scratchproof, hard to damage
- Transfers texture to prints
- More forgiving Live Adjust Z setting
- No need for Windex with PETG
- No need for glue stick with FLEX
- Prints automatically detach after sheet cools down
- First layer can be more squished compared to smooth sheets
- Acetone causes the surface to quickly deteriorate
- PLA prints with a small contact area may need a brim
- PLA prints with a huge footprint may warp
- Need to change Live Adjust Z if you also own Smooth PEI sheet
Never clean the powder-coated spring steel sheet with acetone! Doing so will create microfractures in the texture, which will make the surface deteriorate over time. Learn more about printing on the Satin powder-coated steel sheet in the Prusa knowledge base.
Consumable parts, such as PEI sheets (smooth, textured, etc.) are not covered by warranty as the coatings are designed to diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, cracks or other cosmetic damage is also not covered by the warranty (example of a cosmetic scratch that does not affect functionality). Only defective sheets on arrival are covered by warranty.
- Prusa MINI
- Prusa MINI+